From December 23rd to January 3rd, our official residence for the Holidays has been room 426 of the Metropolitan Hospital and below is a collection of random hospital thoughts and observations. hehehe!
**********************************
Aside from being able to save people's lives and helping sick people get well, I was recently amazed by one other special skill of the Medical staff. Do you know that they are able to change the bedsheet without the patient ever having to stand up? I mean wow. That's something right?
I mean, my dad just got out of surgery and was still high with anaesthesia so he couldn't stand nor sit up. His bedsheet had to be changed because it was drenched with urine when the doctors were fixing something on his catheter. I was already trying to figure out how it could be done and was a bit worried since I knew that my dad would be unable to get off from the bed. But voila!! this medical personnel came in, and did the change effortlessly...
WITH MY DAD STILL LYING ON THE BED and without causing him any discomfort. Amazing!!
Here are the steps on how it was done. (I tried to describe it as accurate
as I can..hehe!)
1. The sections of the sheet on the left side and my dad's feet were untucked.
2. The staff then gathered the sections from the left side and gently tucked
them under my dad's back.
3. Then she took the new sheet, tucked the sections under the left side of the
mattress then gathered the remaining sections and slipped it under my dad's back
as well.
4. When the remaining sections of the new sheet reached that of the old she
asked my dad to gently lift his back up so she could fully slip the new and
the old sheet towards the right side of the mattress.
5. She was then able to remove the old sheet from the right side and tuck the
remaining sections of the new sheet under the mattress.
Lupet! =D
**********************************
As far as I know, caring is not synonymous to nagging.
However, in the past few days I'm beginning to get confused. I'm not sure if it's the hospital walls, the lack of sleep,or simply the unusual holiday get-away,
but I think I'm getting a bit cranky.
The constant and repeated reminders are starting to sound so irritating that the intent behind them are already beginning to be blurry to me.
I must've caught some virus or something.
**********************************
There we go again....I don't know what I'm hating more.
The nagging or myself. Damn.
**********************************
Everyday, our room is visited by 4 groups of people:
1. The Medical staff (nurses, doctors, interns)
2. The Kuya(s) who deliver my dad's food -- that either I or my mom eat on
his behalf cause my dad is not allowed to eat nor drink yet. hehehe!
3. Friends, relatives and my dad's colleagues
4. And Housekeeping -- the people who amusingly freezes in the middle
of their sweeping and mopping to watch tv. =)
**********************************
Episode 1:
Mr. Visitor: San nag nagwowork yung anak mo ngayon Capt?
Daddy: Sa Accenture, Senior Software Engineer siya.
Mr. Visitor: Ahhh..Call Center.
Ako: Ah, hindi po. Bale po part lang ng business nila ay Call Center pero
yung primary business po ay IT, Application Development and Consulting po.
Mr. Visitor: Ahhh..
Episode 2:
Mr. Nurse: Ma'am san po kayo nagwowork?
Ako: Sa Accenture.
Mr. Nurse: Ah sa Call Center.
Ako: See response in Episode 1.
Mr. Nurse: Ahhh..kaya pala. (Kung kaya pala ano ay wag niyo ako tanungin..
ksi di ko din na gets.hehehe!)
Notice any similarity? hehehe! Napaka handy talaga ng script ko.hehehe!
Napakahabang paliwanagan.
Thursday, January 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so san ka nga nagwowork? ah... sa call center...
Post a Comment