Saturday, October 27, 2007

Used To Be

I was going through YouTube.. Looking for clips from Lois and Clark
Then I ran into this mtv clip with the song Used To Be. I liked the way it sounded so I downloaded it without minding the lyrics. When I finished downloading, I listened to it again and caught this line...

"You always had the right thing to say"

Memories of my dear friend Marks came flooding back and tears started rolling down my cheeks...

He did always had the right things to say...
He knew how to comfort and cheer me up when I'm down..
He knew how to psyche me up and cheer me on when I'm at the verge of giving up..
He knew how to pacify me when I'm all stressed up with things at work..
He knew how to make me feel so special...

No matter how bad my day was, all of it seem to vanish the moment I see or talk to him..
But now he's gone...and ever since he passed away.. some things just weren't the same with me again..

I miss Marks..badly..and although I have started to move on, deep within me...I still long to be with him again..there are even times when I wish that he was still here and
that we can get everything back to how it used to be.....

Hey Marks...wherever you are.. I hope you have your iPod.. cause this one's for you..

Use To
By: Chris Daughtry


You used to talk to me like
I was the only one around.
You used to lean on me like
The only other choice was falling down.
You used to walk with me like
We had nowhere we needed to go,
Nice and slow, to no place in particular.

We used to have this figured out;
We used to breathe without a doubt.
When nights were clear, you were the first star that I'd see.
We used to have this under control.
We never thought.
We used to know.
At least there's you, and at least there's me.
Can we get this back?
Can we get this back to how it used to be?

I used to reach for you when
I got lost along the way.
I used to listen.
You always had just the right thing to say.
I used to follow you.
Never really cared where we would go,
Fast or slow, to anywhere at all.

We used to have this figured out;
We used to breathe without a doubt.
When nights were clear, you were the first star that I'd see.
We used to have this under control.
We never thought.
We used to know.
At least there's you, and at least there's me.
Can we get this back?
Can we get this back to how it used to be?

I look around me,
And I want you to be there
'Cause I miss the things that we shared.
Look around you.
It's empty, and you're sad
'Cause you miss the love that we had.

You used to talk to me like
I was the only one around,
The only one around.

We used to have this figured out;
We used to breathe without a doubt.
When nights were clear, you were the first star that I'd see.
We used to have this under control.
We never thought.
We used to know.
At least there's you, and at least there's me.
Can we get this back?
Can we get this back to how it used to be? Yeah.
To how it used to be.
To how it used to be, yeah.
To how it used to be.
To how it used to be.

No comments: